About this job
- Participate in the development and implementation of Urban City Rental\'s HR policies, programs and initiatives, and various HR processes.
- Collaborate with partners both within and outside of HR to ensure consistency and cohesiveness of policies and practices.
- Apply knowledge of employment legislation and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensure HR policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assist in the overall planning and implementation of talent acquisition initiatives to develop and maintain a company recruitment brand.
- Spearhead the integration activities for acquired organizations, including payroll, benefits, programs, policies, etc.
- Evaluate training needs, selects types of training needed, develop and coordinate training programs.
- Liaison with all levels of organization to schedule and verify authorization of training initiatives.
- Participate in the development of strategy for the ongoing execution and enhancement of performance, leadership and management development, retention and succession-planning processes and programs.
- Coach the leadership and management teams to build strength in teamwork, motivation and organizational effectiveness.
- Focus on employee relations & communications, conflict resolution, employments standard legislation.
- Maintain a pulse on employee issues/concerns and provide recommended actions to Senior Management to maintain positive morale.
- Maintain total compensation programs that will attract and retain a high quality workforce and drive the performance of the business.
- Oversee the continued implementation of the Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentorship to the HR team (four direct reports).
- Report to SMT on key performance measurables to show trends and highlight improvement opportunities and achievement areas with HR.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related discipline.
- CHRP Designation is preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of progressive HR experience, including leading management of human resources teams.
- Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Experience in working with/through networks and partnerships.
- In-depth and varied knowledge of business organizations, processes, organization design, change management, systems and procedures.
- Superior management capabilities and proven track record of motivating teams, communication and group facilitation skills.
- Extensive experience with emerging HR practices and trends.