About this job
General Statement of Purpose:
The job incumbent will be responsible for initiating, managing and growing relationships with investment rental property owners while building a portfolio of individual rental properties (50-100 units) and to contribute to overall corporate growth and prosperity. In order to achieve the above objectives, one must be able to generate client leads independently and build a pipeline of new client opportunities through self promotion and marketing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handle inbound client inquiries from investment property owners.
• Effectively present tenant placement and rental property management services offered.
• Generate word of mouth marketing though promotional activities including but not limited to realtor referrals, distribution of marketing flyers, outbound marketing to prospective new clients, networking, etc.
• Accurately evaluate rental property rates in a given area based on research and current market data.
• Coordinate and show available rental properties to prospective new tenants.
• Process rental applications (including reference checks) from prospective tenants for presentation to the managing broker and/or property owner for approval;
• Regularly inspect a property for signs of a grow-op, damages, cleanliness or any other illegal/prohibited activity.
• Collect money in relation to the rental property, including money collected as rent, security deposits or pet damage deposits.
• Timely and accurate documentation of all data relating to owners, tenants and property information.
• Coordinate and manage maintenance requests for repair to completion.
• Liase with tradespersons for repair quotations.
• Manage landlord and tenant matters, e.g. sign tenancy agreements, notices of eviction, inspection reports, notices of rent increases, etc.;
• Issue monthly invoices summarizing lease up and management fee\\\\\\\'s to Managing Broker.
• Submit expense reports to Managing Broker for reimbursement outlining costs incurred on behalf of clients.
The job incumbent is supervised by the Managing Broker and will be accountable for meeting the objectives set forth.
Education and Experience - Successful completion of the Rental Property Management Course is also a requirement. a minimum high school graduation and 1 year related work experience in the real estate field is preferred. Good working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act. Sales and/or marketing experience will be beneficial in achieving success.
Knowledge and Abilities - Computer knowledge is essential including word processing, spreadsheet and customer relationship management software. Basic HTML programming knowledge helpful. Strong communication skills and ability to resolve conflict and negotiate agreements are required to effectively perform as a successful rental property manager. Mandarin speaking is an asset.